Thursday, August 26, 2010

A day at the park

Yesterday we had a busy morning. We woke up and headed to the gym as usual and then went straight to the park for a play date. For the past two and a half years our play dates have been with Liza's friends and it was always girls. Jason didn't seem to mind but this year he made a friend at church. They are best buddies and I decided it was time to get them together outside of church and to meet Jason's buddy's mom. I'm so glad that Jason has a friend and that he made that friend without any parental help from either side. He did it all on his own. He makes my heart happy.

I don't have any pictures of Jason with his friend to show you because I didn't ask his mom if she minded me doing that. I always ask first. But I do have lots of pics of my kiddos.

While we waited for our friends to show up we headed to the little bridge to throw rocks. It could keep the kids busy for hours.


They gather up some rocks...


then they run to the bridge and throw them in the water.



Then it's off for more rocks to do it all over again.


One time I managed to get Liza to stop long enough to let me get her picture.


The next time she stopped, told me to take her picture and smiled. MIRACLE!


Jason had to pause to watch the tractor. He's pretty serious about tractors... even if it's just really a riding mower.


After some rock throwing Jason found a set of steps and wanted to sit for a while. There were some cheerleaders there practicing and he wanted to watch them. Help me!



He melts my heart.


I'm surprised I have a heart left at all.


And then Jason saw his buddy show up.


The kids had a great time and so did I. I'm so glad that Jason has a friend!







media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...