Thursday, August 19, 2010

I am His!

Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.  (Isaiah 43:1)

As I read that verse the other day something in my heart and soul shifted. It gave me a shiver. A good shiver.

I KNOW that God loves me. I fully believe it. But I forget that he pursues me too. That He is my knight in shining armor. That He fights on my behalf and FOR me.


A few days before coming across this verse I had a dream that left me waking up feeling awful. In the dream there were guys I knew from all places in life. Camp, work, high school, church. One guy liked me and cared about me and we were making plans to do something that day. He got up to do something else for a minute and another guy (who was an absolute jerk to me in real life) came and sat on the bench beside me and tried to get close and cozy. I pushed him away. He got up but didn't leave and he started saying nasty things to me. I told him to go away. He didn't and he kept on being nasty. In the meantime, the guy who liked me came back and he just sat there like nothing was going on while this other guy kept being a jerk and I continued to tell him to go away. All the other guys in the dream just stood around watching as well.

I was telling Mike about it and he said how maybe it was just about how no guy has ever really fought for me.

It rung pretty true.

But...

Then I read that verse.

God has always been fighting for me.

That verse made me think of Pride and Prejudice. How Mr. Darcy fights for Elizabeth without her knowing. How he rights all the wrong in her world without knowing if she will ever return his love. But still... he fights for her and on her behalf.

God did that for me. He sent his son to die on the cross for me not knowing if I would receive and return his love.

He fought for me. He pursued me. He summoned me by name. I AM HIS. (I kind of really like the possessiveness of that!)

I am loved.

I don't have a perfect knight in shining armor.

I HAVE THE KING!!!

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...