Saturday, August 7, 2010

I'm in love with Shenandoah

Michael and I are enjoying the mountains of Shenandoah National Park. The kids are safe at home and in good hands.

The ride here was gorgeous and it was so good to see some different scenery for once. It’s been a while since we’ve been out of our own neck of the woods. Refreshing.

We arrived at the park around 4pm yesterday and I instantly knew that I planned the perfect vacation for us. It’s relaxing. Peaceful. Far away from everything. Except I can still pick up a little piece of wireless in the office lobby. I came over to send an email to the kids with some pictures since our phone doesn’t work out here. Apparently every other phone works… just not t-mobile. We had to use an ancient pay phone in a phone booth last night. I kind of liked it.

Either way… we are here and we are enjoying ourselves. We are staying at the top of a mountain with a gorgeous view. The food is amazing (even if a little expensive.) We aren’t sure how we are going to spend our two full days here but we know we are going to have fun and enjoy every minute of it.

As for now… we are off to find some waterfalls!

(My camera is loving this trip too! The pic at the top is the view from out balcony. It was a bit hazy yesterday but still beautiful. I'm having fun playing with the stitching mode on my point and shoot.)

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...