Sunday, August 8, 2010

Mama Bear

Yesterday morning Mike and I woke up and took a hike. I had my camera out and took a few pictures but about fifteen minutes in I decided to put it away for a while. I told Mike "just watch... as soon as I put it away I will see something worth taking a picture of."

Before I was even finished packing it up Mike says "LOOK! There's a bear!"

I thought he was joking.

He wasn't.

About twenty feet off the path was a little black bear. Mike was all "take a picture!"

I was acting like the sensible girl and was all "No way dude! Where there is a baby bear there is a mama bear and I don't want to be around when that mama bear shows up." And I finished packing up the camera and headed down the trail.

Don't worry... I didn't miss a super cool photo opportunity. I would have never been able to get a good picture from where I was.

But let's just say... well ever since having kids I realized that I could tap in to something fierce that had been lying dormant within me when it comes to protecting my children. I understand the mama bear syndrome and even though I wasn't messing with her cub I didn't want to take any chances.

Anyways... I'm happy to report that we are safe and still having fun. Our legs are a little sore but we are going to do some more hikes today.

Last night we hiked to the highest peak in the park and had an amazing view. See me in the picture??!

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...