Thursday, August 5, 2010

Moth

While at Jennings the other day I spotted this lovely butterfly. So I stopped to take some pictures.
While taking pics of the butterfly I saw something in my peripheral vision and was like "WHAT was that!"

It looked like a really HUGE moth. It was zipping all around and it wasn't real close by so I couldn't get a good look at it but I knew I definitely didn't want it flying in to me.

As it got closer I got a better look and thought maybe I was going a little crazy because my mind instantly went to "hummingbird" but I knew it couldn't be.

I said a little prayer. God, please let that THING come to a closer flower so I can get some pictures of it.

And the prayer was answered.


I came home and showed Mike the pictures and we were hoping to find out what it was. When I said something about it reminding me of a hummingbird Mike was all "OH! Maybe it is a hummingbird moth!" And that is what it is.

More specifically it's a Snowberry Clearwing Hummingbird Moth. Clearwing because it has clear wings. :)






Look at the things tongue!! Freaky!


Seriously... the creature was huge. And kind of ugly... but pretty cool at the same time.

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...