Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Becoming a Woman of Simplicity

Cynthia Heald is a wise woman. I am learning so much from her study Becoming a Woman of Simplicity and finding great encouragement.

In the last chapter I did Heald teaches about salvation and how it can not be earned. It is free and God's love is unconditional.

There is nothing I can do to make God love me more. There is nothing I can do to make God love me less.

When I take Heald's advice and simplify my life, I get rid of everything that hinders me from concentrating on God and doing what He asks of me. Heald says, "Knowing that I am not required to meet all the needs that I hear about has been a blessed and guiding truth." Being able to say no is a good thing. Being able to discern which needs God would have us fill and which ones are to be left for someone else will keep us from becoming exhausted, bitter and burned out.

She goes on to say:

If God does call me to minister in a certain area, then his grace will be sufficient and my strength will be renewed, I must always be alert, though, for I can easily fall back into choosing to serve in order to meet a need in my own life or because I want to please people. If any service begins to replace my spending time with God or if I become overly burdened and burned out, then I need to reevaluate my ministry.

That is definitely something to think about. WHY do I serve?

Oswald Chambers warns, "Beware of any work for God that causes or allows you to avoid concentrating on Him."

Serving in the right place and in the right way will not leave you burdened and burned out. It will renew your strength and draw you closer to God.

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...