Friday, October 29, 2010

Christmas cards for blogging. Why not.

I have never sent out Christmas cards. Never. But for some reason this year I was thinking that maybe I should. (Someone call the doctor because something must be wrong with me!) I have a lot of people I want to get updated pictures of the kids to so why not just make it a Christmas card? Makes sense right?

That thinking was happening a few days ago as I started to think about Christmas and make lists and gather ideas.

Yesterday morning I woke up and was checking out some blogs when a friend posted that Shutterfly was giving 50 free Christmas cards to bloggers that blogged about their Christmas cards.

It was a sign. This year I will do Christmas cards for the first time. And I will use Shutterfly for the first time. (I hear lots of good stuff about this complany.)

Browsing through their Christmas card designs I saw many that I liked. Here are a few of my favorites…

I like the idea of the folded greeting cards so that Liza could actually sign her own name. She loves writing her name and I love Christmas cards with personal touches.

I'm in love with this card. I like the simlicity of the design. It's 5x7 and you can get it in the matte or glossy finish.

STATIONERYCARD_FOLDED_5x7-27137-2627-MERCHLARGE_FRONT-v1280962914000101259


And the inside! Well they say it best so... "Share the happy highlights of your year. Inside this Christmas story card, you can add even more photos and family updates on colorful stripes. It makes a great alternative to a holiday letter."

FUN!


On to the flat photo cards which are available in 4x8 or 5x7 size.

I like this one because the focus is on the photo and not so much the design. Also, people could simply cut off the Christmas design and have a nice picture to keep on their fridge year round. I'm practical like that.

PHOTOCARD-103-413-MERCHLARGE_FRONT-v125210396500083864


And this one is great for people like me who look through the designs thinking "I could NEVER narrow it down to just one picture. I have so many I looove!" This card lets you use multiple pictures while still keeping a nice simple design.

PHOTOCARD-104-4213-MERCHLARGE_FRONT-v1282092151000130299




Shutterfly has tons of options for you to choose from. In fact they have 188 different designs of flat photo cards for you to choose from starting at only thirty cents a piece. Be sure to check them out.

There are also tons of other fun gift ideas... like calendars!... and there is currently a deal going on for free shipping on orders over $30. (That's a money saver right there!)

For more info about the blog for fifty deal click here.

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...