Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas to meeee!

I ordered my lens.

I waited for the email confirmation.

I followed the tracking. It said it would be here today.

So I started waiting for it as soon as I woke up, running to the window every time I heard something that sounded to be slightly more than just a car. I was anxious. Giddy like a kid who knows tomorrow morning is Christmas.

I watched and watched. I couldn't move from where I could see the road. But then I got hungry so I went to the kitchen to get some lunch. Almost instantly I was certain I heard a truck. I ran to the window but did not see anything. Disappointed I went back to making my sandwich but it was only seconds later when I was absolutely certain that I heard a truck again and I was absolutely certain that it was right outside my house! So again I ran to the window to look. But I didn't see anything. Seriously... my heart was racing with excitement by this point. Sad, I decided to take one last look. And there it was! The FedEx truck! It had just pulled up to where I couldn't easily see it!

I'm so excited that my new baby is here.

Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens. Love.

Lots of love.

If you are camera stupid (don't worry... lots of people are... even plenty who have nice dslr cameras are camera stupid because they won't read their manuals. Just tellin' it like it is.)... Anyways, the f/1.8 is talking aperture and that is what helps you get that wonderful depth of field, small focus point, BOKEH!... which is the blurred backgrounds. My other lenses don't go to a number that low in aperture so I can't always get the effect I want.

This lens only costs $100 so it is pretty popular.

Here are some photos I took since it arrived...

IMG_9387 1


IMG_9432 1

Look at all that sweet SWEET bokah! Mmmmmm.


Merry Christmas to me!

And Merry Christmas to you!!!

IMG_9423 1

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...