Thursday, January 13, 2011

Do you read?

I was reading an article called 11 Ways to be Weird in 2011 from daveramsey.com the other day and this was what it said...

2. Bring out your inner bookworm!

According to The Literacy Company, 90% of learning is based on reading. You would think that Americans would read a lot, right? Well, about 27% of adults read no books at all in the past year. Set yourself apart from the majority by reading a few beneficial, nonfiction books this year! Here are some suggestions from Dave’s library.


90% of learning is based on reading!

27% of adults read NO books at all in the past year!

I can't imagine a year without books! What did people do before books!? I'm always reading a book... or two or three or four!

Last week I finished reading:
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
The Road Home by Tommy Tenney
Right now I am reading:
The True Measure of a Woman by Lisa Bevere
Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson
Bringing Up Girls by Dr. Dobson

I need to pick back up and finish:
Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler

Meanwhile I am in my Bible and doing a bit of reading with a Bible study that I am in.

I have a constant list to read which currently includes:
Everything by John and Lisa Bevere
Everything by John and Stasi Eldredge
Prayer by Phillip Yancey
Eat This and Live for Kids by Dr. Don Colbert
Discover Your God-Given Gifts by Don and Katie Fortune
Making Your Children Mind without Losing Yours by Kevin Leman

And that is just some of them. I have a gazillion. I don't think I'll ever stop reading and I wish I had more time in my day to read.

Do you read? What books are you currently reading? What's on your list?

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...