Sunday, January 30, 2011

Great deal! It's in the timing.

Patience sometimes pays off. (Or maybe it was procrastination.)

Back in November I saw that if you blogged about Shutterfly's cards that you would get 50 free cards. I did it. I ordered 25 Christmas cards and then 25 with my butterfly pictures on them. They turned out great for the most part. Liza's shirt on the Christmas card printed kind of funny so I emailed customer service about it. Within a few days I had those 25 cards reprinted and in my mailbox. (The shirt still printed funny but I got 25 more cards free and it wasn't a big enough deal to continue complaining... they were free after all and customer service earned an A+ from me.)

Then somewhere along the way a friend saw that if you posted about your cards that you made through Shutterfly and sent them the link that you could get a code for $25 off an order of $25 or more. So I did that too.

I got sent a code and it's been sitting in my inbox for a while now.

Well I decided to use it today when I got an email from them telling me I could get free shipping on orders over $25. I wondered if I could use both codes together. I COULD!!!

I ordered some more cards and spent only 79 cents while saving $42.46!!!

Too bad I didn't realize you could pile up the codes before I put in an order this morning for ten free cards. I was sent a code for that just for ordering my Christmas cards with them. Would have been nice to get free shipping on those as well. Oh well. I did good today!

Here are the cards I made...


Rough Edge 5x7 folded card
Create personalized greeting cards and invitations by Shutterfly.
View the entire collection of cards.


Sunshine Year Holiday Thank You 3x5 folded card
Create photo new year's cards with Shutterfly.
View the entire collection of cards.


Rough Edge 5x7 folded card
Create personalized greeting cards and invitations by Shutterfly.
View the entire collection of cards.


Rough Edge 5x7 folded card
Unique party invitations and announcements by Shutterfly.
View the entire collection of cards.

I'm posting this just because I've had a really good experience with Shutterfly. They won't become my main photo ordering place because I have a different one that has better prices... but you can't beat free and like I said... Shutterfly has really great customer service and their products are quite nice.

I don't get anything for posting this time but I couldn't help but tell you all about my amazing deal and how I paid pennies for some pretty expensive cards.

What's a great deal that you got recently? I would love to hear about it!

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...