Sunday, January 16, 2011

STEELERS!

We live an hour from Pittsburgh. It's absolutely impossible to live this close to Pittsburgh and have no interest in football. Everything turns black and gold. The major news is about our beloved team and the players. Everyone is talking about the games. Businesses allow their employees to leave their work uniforms at home and wear Steelers gear instead. Schools have Steeler parties.

Black and gold.

Yesterday was the first playoff game for the Steelers. We (I say that like we are part of the team) played the Ravens. INTENSE. I can usually go through a game without caring too much but last night my heart was pounding! We were up. Then we were down. Then we were up. Then we were tied. Then we won. My chest was tight with stress. It took me a looooong time to wind down after that game. You would have thought I played!

It was exciting. I love sports and really appreciate a good game that you just can't tell what the outcome will be until the very end. Makes it fun.

We sat in our living room cheering on the Steelers. The kids were throwing balls and yelling "I pway fooootbaaaallll!" Liza was even wearing her bike helmet because... well... she needed a helmet. It was fun. It was exciting. And we get to do it all over again next weekend.

GO STEELERS!

IMG_3144 1

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...