Wednesday, January 19, 2011

When it all goes wrong.

I went away last weekend by myself and came home really refreshed. Better attitude. Enjoying my family more. It was a really good decision for me.

but somewhere along the way it all starts to go wrong again and here is what I think really contributes to it...

Jason. I love him. I him love him sooooooo much. But I wish he would just leave me alone in the middle of the night. I need my sleep so I can have fun the next day. I don't function well on little or interrupted sleep.

Liza and Jason have always slept well. And they've always slept with every light in the house off and their doors almost fully closed. Always. Since the day they came home from the hospital.

Then one day not too long ago Liza decided to be a punk and say "I don't like it really dark in here." Jason heard her and ever since he is convinced that he doesn't like it really dark either. We now have to leave the hallway light on for them when they are falling asleep. Fine. I can do that. When we go to bed we turn all the lights off. However, Jason has been waking up in the middle of the night and yelling out "I don't wike it wiwwy dawk in here!" And we have to get up and do something about it because he is stubborn and will continue to yell that until someone gets up and does something about it.

I really should just probably by him a nightlight or something.

I miss my good sleep.

I'm getting cranky again and I don't like it. I don't like waking up frustrated at my kid first thing in the morning. It's not good.

We had to have him stop sleeping with an animal recently because he would wake up yelling "I dropped my animal!" Ugh.

And last some nights it's two different things. Like last night it was also "I need a blanket!"

The kid doesn't let us put blankets on him when he is falling asleep. But he wakes up yelling because he doesn't have one on in the middle of the night. And during the summer he cried because we wouldn't let him have three heavy blankets on him.

Someone straighten this boy out haha. He's ridiculous sometimes.

But all he has to do is smile... especially that sleepy little smile... and my heart melts all over again.

IMG_3265 1

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...