Sunday, May 15, 2011

Commit to Memory

Back at the beginning of April I wrote about memorizing scripture. I had been convicted and knew that I needed to start. I knew I could no longer go on with the excuse that I wasn't good at memorizing.

Well... I am here today to say that I am doing alright with that. :) I'm pleased with my progress. I now have seven verses. I don't have them all memorized perfectly but they are there. And I know more than I did seven weeks ago because of it.

I've mostly used the suggested memory verses from my Bible study (Becoming a Woman of Prayer by Cynthia Heald) but there was a week or two where it just didn't seem like the verse was one I needed to memorize at this time... so I picked one from my Bible reading that week that I liked.

Here are my verses I am committing to memory...

Jeremiah 33:3 Call to me and I will answer you. I'll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own. (MSG)

James 1:5-7 If any of you lacks wisdom he should ask God who gives generously to all without finding fault. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord.

Romans 8:26 The spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.

Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Psalm 34:4 I sought the Lord and he answered me, and delivered me from all my fears.

Psalm 23:1-2 The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters.

Psalm 116:1-2 I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.


SO... I was convicted and I challenged myself. And I am glad that I did!

Liza got her memory verse down too!

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...