Friday, May 27, 2011

Forgive Us As We Forgive Others

Many of you know and say the Lord’s Prayer.

Matthew 6:9-13
"This, then, is how you should pray: "'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.

Do you understand what you are truly saying when you pray “forgive us as we forgive others”?

Think about it.

If I only half forgive someone what am I asking God to do? To half forgive me.

If I withhold forgiveness from someone I am basically asking God to withhold forgiveness from me.

If I forgive freely, unconditionally and immediately I am asking God to do the same for me.

Forgive for you will be forgiven as you forgive others.

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...