Thursday, May 19, 2011

Life Lessons from watching my Children

This morning the kids and I slept until 8:00. It was glorious. Most days I wake up without an alarm or the kids around 7:00. But I was tired.

When I woke up I just felt like the right thing to do was to do something special for the kids today instead of going to the gym. We got up, got ready and had some breakfast. Then we headed to the mall so they could play. It's the smallest little play area and there isn't a lot but the kids love it and they had a blast. For over an hour they ran and ran and ran and went up and down the slides. They were nice to the other kids and I was actually able to just sit and read a bit while they played.

Somewhere in the middle of a paragraph Liza's voice comes through the story and I hear her yelling "I'm too busy!"

I look up to see what is going on.

Another girl Liza's age had come to the play area and she just wanted to talk to Liza. Liza just wanted to run and play.

So the girl followed Liza around wanting to talk and Liza kept turning around and saying "I'M. TOO. BUSY!"

It was kind of cute.

That is until I relayed the story to Mike when he got home and as I told it I got this huge feeling that God has been following me around wanting to talk and I just keep saying "I'm too busy."



Hmmm...

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...