Thursday, May 26, 2011

Look what I made!!!

I like to do a little bit of all kinds of crafting. I'm far from a pro at any. But lately I've been enjoying making myself take the next step and see what I can do.

Today's project was a sewing one. I haven't had the machine out lately and I never make anything that isn't square (I make rag quilts and curtains) and I've never really followed a pattern.

And I've never made any kind of clothing.

However, while browsing around the web I came across a blog with some really awesome tutorials and saw a skirt that I just had to try for Liza. It seemed simple enough so I ran and got the materials and came home and made it.

IMG_0374 1

Not too bad! Ok... I got her measurements a little big. Probably didn't help that I measured her waist when she had a full, bloated stomach. (I need to measure her in the morning.) And I made it a little long because that way I had room to make errors.

IMG_0375 1

I was able to make it work though by taking in the sides just a little. It stays on her now! :) And the good news is that she will be able to wear this dress until she is ten probably. Ok... a little exaggerated but you get the point. It's going to be in her wardrobe for a long time.

IMG_0377 1

Liza loved it immediately and had a great time spinning and making it fly out.

IMG_0379 1

She wants to wear it tomorrow. And probably every day after that.

IMG_0382 1

What I love most about Liza and a new dress is that every time she gets one she actually lets me take her picture and she poses all cute.

IMG_0387 1

I love her!

IMG_0398 copy

Underwear!
IMG_0391 1

Here is the link to where you can find the pattern and tutorial... really quite easy. I'm seriously very much a beginner at sewing. If I can make it you can too!

Circle Skirt Tutorial


Next time the fabric goes on sale I'll be buying more for more skirts!

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...