Thursday, June 30, 2011

Give Him your all.

You know the saying "the truth will set you free"... well there is more to it...

John 8:31-32 says
IF you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. THEN you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.

Pretty big qualifier there. But if you truly believe in Jesus you will believe what he says. You will hold to his teachings you will be a disciple and know the truth. And the bonus of that is that the truth will set you free.

And when we hold to God's teachings... when we truly believe... it won't be hard to be obedient, to follow God without question. To lay down our lives. To be on fire instead of lukewarm. To put God as our first priority instead of our last.

Francis Chan says "It's easy to fill ourselves up with other things and then give God whatever is left. God gets a scrap or two only because we feel guilty for giving him nothing."

Do I just give God my leftovers... my leftover time? My leftover energy? My leftover words and praise?

Is my heart really set on him?

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth." (Rev 3:16-17)

I think it would do us all well to say "Am I hot or cold? Or simply lukewarm? Do I REALLY believe? Or am I content giving God just a little bit of myself?

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...