Sunday, June 26, 2011

The hard question.

I recently finished reading The Forgotten God by Francis Chan. Good book. Made me think. Made me question myself. Helped me grow. I recommend it.

In the book Francis Chan shared something that someone once asked him...


"What would your church (and the worldwide church) look like if everyone was as committed as you are? If everyone gave and served and prayed exactly like you, would the church be healthy and empowered? Or would it be weak and listless?"

Talk about making you evaluate yourself!

I started asking myself some questions.

Do you pray often? With the right motives?
Do you serve with the right motives?
Are you exhausted from overcommitment?
Are you being led by God and for His glory?
Or are you doing what you want, the way you want, for your own glory?
Are you a cheerful giver?
Or do you count your tithe to the exact penny and give no more?


What if everyone served, gave and prayed EXACTLY like you?

I've got some work to do.

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...