Saturday, June 25, 2011

Wait!

I hope you have enjoyed my series on forgiveness and reconciliation. It's been fun and I enjoyed really digging into a topic. I have a new series coming up and we could seriously be on it for months. But it is going to be good... and challenging. But I figure that as Christians we should always be challenging ourselves to become more like Christ. I am still finishing up the first part of the next series but I'll have plenty of other good stuff to post in the meantime. (At least I think it's good!)

Before we move off of forgiveness and reconciliation though I want to share one last thing.

I've been reading in Proverbs and if you haven't read Proverbs in a while you should! It's all wisdom and I bet you will find plenty of advice or understanding for the situations you currently find yourself in.

Proverbs 20:22
Do not say, "I'll pay you back for this wrong!" Wait for the Lord and he will deliver you.

I think I am just going to let some other scriptures do the speaking today.

Psalm 27:14
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord.

Psalm 62:5-8
Find rest, O my soul, in God alone'
   my hope comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
   he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor depend on God;
   he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
Trust in him at all times, O people;
   pour out your hearts to him,
   for God is our refuge.


Rest in God.
Wait on God.

And while you do... pour your heart out to him.

I don't know how many of you have a private journal but journaling is one of my favorite things. It gives me a place to pour my heart out to God and it's been a powerful thing in my life. It's also really great to be able to look back and see the God-journey I've been on over the past year or two or three. Do you journal?

Here's a great song by Jeremy Camp called I Wait for the Lord.



Thanks for hanging with me on this journey through forgiveness and reconciliation. I've loved all the emails and comments from all of you. God is good!

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...