Thursday, September 22, 2011

Five Years With Liza

Five years ago today Liza Mae was born and my life was changed forever. She is absolutely amazing and challenges me constantly to be a better woman.

IMG_4852 copy

In honor of her birthday I'm going to share a few stories with you.


Not too long ago we were driving down the road. The kids love yelling out every time they see a school bus. One day I said:

ME: Liza, it won't be long before you are going to school and can ride a school bus.
LIZA: I don't know if I'm going to go to school when i grow up.
ME: Oh really? Why not?
LIZA: Well, what if God wants me to be a princess?

IMG_4860 copy

The only thing she wants to be is a princess. She dresses up daily and puts on shows where she dances around the house and expects Mike and I to sit on the couch giving her our complete attention. We are more than happy to do that for her. Her dancing is hilarious!

IMG_4854 copy

She still calls Barbies "Garbies". I've tried to correct her by saying "oh. Is that a Barbie?" And she always says "you mean Garbie?" Ok. So Garbie it is. Jason calls them that as well. Although she doesn't actually have a Garbie... but she did get three barbie-type princess dolls for her birthday and she is in love with them.

IMG_4861 copy

Liza will craft all day long. She doesn't need any direction. She thinks something up in her head and she makes it. She's quite a genius really and is constantly amazing me with the things she is making. Her drawings blow my mind too... the other week she drew the maintenance guy on a tractor mowing the grass. It was awesome.

IMG_4966 copy

One of her recent things that has me cracking up quite often is that when she gets angry she will take whatever it is that she is playing with and say angrily "Don't even touch it! It's too special for you to even touch!" And she is absolutely as serious as she can get. It's hard not to laugh. The other day I couldn't help it though. She was being a punk in the parking lot of the post office. It was a bit of a fight to get her in the van and as she's getting in her seat she looks at me and says "Don't even touch me! I'm too expensive for you to touch!"

Wow. No idea where she gets this stuff but it's humorous.

IMG_4987 1

Liza has expanded my heart in so many ways. I love her more than I ever thought I could love another person.

Thank you Liza for enriching my life with five years of awesomeness!

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...