Thursday, September 1, 2011

Why A Hearty Overflow?

Luke 6:45
Out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks.

Psalm 119:171
May my lips overflow with praise for you teach me your decrees.

Overflow
- to run over; to be filled or supplied with in great measure; and excess or superabundance.

Hearty
-Warm-hearted, affectionate, cordial
-Heartfelt, genuine, sincere
-Enthusiastic or zealous
-Exuberant, unrestrained
-Substantial, abundant, nourishing

A Hearty Overflow
is a little play on words from the verses above. I want the overflow of my heart to be pleasing to God. I want my words to be uplifting, honest, life giving. To have that be what I talk about, that must be what I cultivate in my heart.

Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

And then, you know… heart. Hearty. I know. I’m a genius like that! Actually, the idea for the new name came straight out of the blue and therefore I’m going to have to credit the genius to God.

I LOVE the definition of hearty and it is very much what I want this space called my blog to be. I want to be a warm-hearted and affectionate person. I want what I share to be heartfelt, genuine and sincere. I want to be enthusiastic and zealous in my love and search of God. I want to be exuberant and unrestrained when talking about the things of God.

And I want A Hearty Overflow to be a place that is nourishing.

Nourishing- to strengthen, build up or promote.

There is only so much time in a day and I don’t want to waste your time when you pop on over to my blog. I want to leave you with something that will encourage you, challenge you, make you think, or make you smile and hopefully lead to growth.

Welcome to A Hearty Overflow… the new blog that isn’t really new… just made over and re-opened.

I hope that as I seek to have an overflowing heart for God that my overflow will run off and splash you.



Of course… I’ll still be posting about my kids because I am a mom and my love for my kids is overflowing. And I’ll still talk about products I love and randomness in life.

PS... don't miss my giveaway! It's in the post titled Nurture just below this one. :)

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...