Thursday, October 13, 2011

1st Cousins Once Removed

Have you ever had to sit down and figure out how it goes down the line with cousins?

I have.

One of my dad's cousins is my age. She feels like any of the other cousins to me... but she's our 1st cousin once removed.

My cousins' kids and my kids... second cousins.

Are you following? Yeah. It gets confusing real quick. Here is an explanation chart that I found on wikipedia. See if you can follow it...




Oh. You want to know why I'm talking about this?

Today Mike got some new 1st cousins once removed... meaning that his cousin had babies.

Mike's cousin had twins today... 2 1/2 months early. Mama is in one hospital and babies are in another. I haven't heard that there are any problems other than the typical babies born early things.

Both babies are boys. One is 2 lbs 5 oz and the other is 2 lbs 15 oz.

I'm sure the family would really appreciate your prayers. Pray that there are no long term problems and that the boys are strong and catch right up as they grow.

I'm sure that Liza and Jason will someday enjoy meeting their second cousins. :)

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...