Monday, October 10, 2011

Girl Talk Hop: Recipes



It's been a while since we've had a Girl Talk Hop over at Girl Talk but I am desperate need of new recipes so I decided to have one today. I'm so tired of cooking the same things all the time. I love when the weather cools because I feel like I have more options. Soup is one of my favorite things to eat in the fall and winter. I have all my favorite soup recipes on here somewhere. You can check all of my recipes out by clicking here.

I would post a soup recipe today but I'm pretty sure all the ones I like are already posted. So... my next favorite thing about the weather cooling is that I don't mind having the oven on and therefore can make more casseroles.

On the menu this week is STUFFED SHELLS! It's the recipe that my mom always used and it's good so I don't mess with it.


STUFFED SHELLS

Jumbo shells (I have no idea how many the recipe makes... enough for a large baking dish)
15oz ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese if you like the nasty stuff)
4oz mozzarella cheese shredded
1 egg
1/6 cup dried bread crumbs
1tbsp parsley
1tsp salt (I always skip this because I don't really salt anything)
1/4 tsp pepper
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Prepare noodles. Drain.
Combine ricotta, mozzarella, eggs, bread crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper.
Line baking dish with a little bit of the sauce.
Fill the shells with the mixture and lay seam down in the dish.
Spoon remaining sauce over shells and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.


What I love about this recipe is that I can make it ahead of time and keep it in the fridge until it's time to cook it.

Share your recipes and join in the Girl Talk Hop!


media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...