Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Grasshoppers

My camera has been getting a lot of love the past few days. It's a good thing too because photography is my therapy and I've needed some therapy lately!

Sunday afternoon I did Bladen's three month old shoot.
Sunday evening I took a walk and took my camera.
Monday morning I met my friend for a walk with the kids and we took our cameras... cuz that's what we do.
Monday evening another friend called. She just moved into her brand spankin new house and asked if I'd like to come take pictures since the leaves are colorful and the sunsets had been gorgeous.

Eventually I'll be sharing pictures from all of those things but today I'll start with my little walk I took on Sunday evening.

It was a gorgeous day!

IMG_6374 copy
(anyone want to edit out the tree branch in the upper left corner for me? Didn't think so.)

I went to what used to be one of my favorite places to take my camera. If you catch it at the right time of year there are lots of wild flowers. I knew that the flowers would probably be all gone by now but I didn't expect it to be as brown and dead looking as it was.

I snapped a few pictures.

IMG_6380 1

IMG_6395 copy

IMG_6396 copy


And then I was about to head home when I decided to investigate a sound a I kept hearing. As I walked down the trail I was continuously hearing movement and it creeped me out a little bit since there are supposed to be rattlesnakes living in the area and there are signs about that all over the place. Well... I convinced myself that it was no rattlesnakes since I didn't hear any rattling and that is when I noticed these guys...

IMG_6409 copy

EVERYWHERE! Tons of them!
IMG_6413 copy

IMG_6416 1

IMG_6419 1

What freaky little creatures!

IMG_6423 copy

IMG_6424 copy

I usually only photograph people but lately I've been trying to convince myself to take more risks in photography and try new things. I'm glad I ran into all these grasshoppers.





media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...