Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Thoughts on Halloween

I realize that Halloween is a very popular holiday. That's fine. I'm not complaining about it being a holiday. My complaint is that we don't really do much for it and I ALREADY have people asking my kids about it.

On October 1st we went to the bank and the lady asked Liza "Are you getting ready for Halloween?"

REALLY?? A month away and already I have to be dealing with constant questions from strangers about it.

Today Liza was asking me what her Halloween costume was going to be.

I know that this is something that I will have to talk to my kids about often BUT I just wish that others would stop assuming that everyone makes a big deal about halloween.

Same goes for Christmas. Please don't ask my kids what they are getting from Santa. We don't do Santa.

I don't care if you do Santa and Halloween. I don't think you are wrong or evil. I'm just not looking forward to the next three months and having strangers everywhere I go asking my kids these questions. It just gets old.


A hearty overflow right?... can you tell that my heart is grumpy today?





media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...