Saturday, October 22, 2011

Resistance

I've wrote about how this is my year of yes... saying yes to whatever God asks.

This week it went to a whole new level. I realized that not only do I need to say yes to what God asks of me but I also have to be willing to say yes to whatever God asks of Michael.

That second one is a little harder. I have zero control. I don't always personally hear from God what he is telling Mike. I just have to trust that my husband truly heard God and say YES along with him. Not easy at all!

But just because it is harder doesn't mean I should say no.

And so over the past few days we have prayed something out and I said yes with Mike to something that God has asked of him. I am doing everything that I can to support him and walk in faith with him.

But isn't it interesting that yesterday we said yes and today we have already met resistance.

Ephesains 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Pray for us friends! I am confident that we are going in the right direction and that we are doing what God has asked. I am sure that today won't be the only day of resistance. Pray for wisdom and endurance. Pray that we would immediately recognize resistance that is not of God.

And hopefully in a few months I'll be able to share more about our exciting new journey. :)

(No I am not pregnant. Nor do I plan to be. And no we are not moving or anything like that. Just can't share all the details yet.)

Also, I'm doing all I can to make a little extra money to help with expenses of what we've been asked to do. I'm available for photo shoots for those of you in the area. I'm also selling a bunch of baby/toddler clothing very cheap if you live near and want to shop in my bins. And you can always buy hats or hair clips from Wix-Works.

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...