Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I Made an Ugly Doll!!

The other day while in Toys R Us I saw the ugly dolls. I loved them a ton and decided that I must come home and try to make some for Liza and Jason. Fleece was on sale so I got a great deal and was able to make one much cheaper than I would have paid for it at the store. And I love it extra since I made it.

I'm not really creative in an artistic way. I could have just copied one of the dolls from the website but thought that was too boring. Instead I had Liza draw a monster for my inspiration. This is what she came up with...

IMG_8889 1
(The blue thing out the side of the head is a flower... this doll had to have a flower!)

Mike took the kids shopping and I got to work.

Using Liza's drawing for inspiration I sketched out my pattern.

IMG_8886 1

Then I cut it out and used it to cut the fleece.

I am by no means an expert at sewing... or even close! I know some basics and have only sewn things that are square before. I do not know how to use a pattern to sew and I often make things up as I go and take some good guesses. I'm thinking that my sewing methods would make expert sewers cringe... but that's ok because I usually end up with what I want to end up with. :)

Anyways... after getting the flower and face on I put right sides together and sewed it up leaving a space to turn it right side out and stuff it. Once stuffed I finished sewing it shut and ta-daaa!!

IMG_8896 1

I just love how this doll turned out! It's so cute and so soft and it really didn't take all that long to make.

I'm going to have a hard time saving it for Christmas!

I can't wait to make one for Jason! Not sure he will draw me a monster for inspiration though. Maybe I can get Liza to draw a different one.




media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...