Monday, December 19, 2011

My Christmas Newsletter

Note: If Christmas newsletters is your thing then rock on and keep doing them. This is about no one in particular. Don't take it personal. I'm just having a bit of fun.

Every year a get a bunch of Christmas newsletters from friends and family. This year after reading a bunch of them I ended up feeling like my life was really lame... even though I don't really think it is. A bunch of everything is awesome and we had a super amazing fun year and did a gazillion things and our kids are perfect newsletters... well... yeah. Not feeling so hot.

So... just in case there is anyone else out there that has read a gazillion cupcakes and rainbows newsletters and is feeling down about their very normal life... I offer you... My Christmas Newsletter.

*****


Merry Christmas friends and family!

It's been a year, that's for sure. Let me explain...

We were unable to take a big family vacation because, honestly, we just don't have the money for it right now. However we did enjoy lots of days of swimming in the sun at our local lake. And lots of days at home doing absolutely nothing at all. The backyard was the play ground and we might have had one or two play dates. But the kids had fun in our little sandbox and on the swings that the landlord put on the hill behind our house. Also, if we were going to take a vacation it's likely we would do it without the kids at this point.

We love Liza and Jason a ton. They are super cool. And while they also love each other they have learned to fight better. By that I mean that Jason has learned he has a voice and he is learning to stand up for himself. Liza likes to boss him around a lot and well... he's just not ok with that any more. It's been an interesting year of learning to navigate through all of that and teach them to work together. We've made some progress but still have a ways to go.

Mike is still working the same job, roofing. No promotions to speak of here!!!

We got another year out of the car. Still chuggin on. Mike will get his dream car some year... but this wasn't it. 

God has been a huge part of our lives over the year. While growth is exciting it is also hard. God has been challenging me to say yes this past year... always... no matter what. Not always easy. I've had to make a lot of sacrifices in order to say yes. But it was always worth it.

Marriage has been good but we have also had our fights. Pretty sure I slept in the living room a few times because I was too angry to fall asleep in the same bed as my husband. But we are committed and we work through every argument. I'm learning to be much less selfish... but it's still something that needs a lot of work. I AM looking forward to more years with Mike!

I ate too much this year and didn't exercise enough. The result of that was that my size eight jeans no longer fit and I had to go out and buy size ten. I wasn't too happy with myself about that but oh well. Life goes on. I'll get back on track sometime soon and maybe loose a pound or two. :)

I haven't achieved all of my hopes and dreams but I'm not where I was at the start of the year. Thank God for that!

Hope 2012 is great for all of you!

Love,
ME

IMG_9050-1

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...