Friday, January 27, 2012

Exercise






Exercise.

I don't like doing it.

The hardest part is getting myself motivated at the right time of my day. I have small windows of opportunity and if I miss them it's just not going to happen at another time.

I don't think there is ever a time that I WANT to exercise.

But I know I need to. I know it's good for me. And I know that at the end of it I will be glad that I fit it in. 

Lately I've been seeing progress. Those twenty minute workouts that I started with now seem easy and aren't quite long enough for me. Two months ago I could barely do one regular pushup. The other day I did fifteen without a rest. (GO ME!!) I don't enjoy the exercise... but I'm becoming addicted to the progress!

I may have only lost about three or four pounds (losing weight has always been an extremely slow process for me) but my legs don't feel so flabby. My clothes fit just a tiny bit nicer. My insides feel good. And I am stronger. I can do more today than I was able to do a week ago. And I will push myself today so I can do more in a week!

Progress.

It's what's keeping me motivated.

Small victories. (Wrote about that at Girl Talk today.) Every decision counts.

I don't like exercise but I like progress. And so I keep on going. I actually got six new workout videos in the mail yesterday (most Jillian Michaels hahaha... I torture myself) and I'm excited to try them out. I'll let you know what the good ones are.

I'm also working on a series that I will call "The Truth About Sugar". I've been reading a lot of books and I say it over and over again... knowledge is power. When I learn something that helps me and motivates me I like to share it. Hopefully I'll have that series ready in about a week or two. You are about to be educated! :)

How are you all doing with your journey to health?? Are you well on your way? Just starting out? Or not even thinking about it?

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...