Friday, January 6, 2012

Fitness Friday: Major Changes









Well... you all know about my sugar addiction. I've been doing well. Saying no to sugar. Being accountable to God instead of a human is a much greater motivator!

And I've been doing the Shred. Today is day 14 on level 2. (I still hate it.)

Problem is that the number on the scale isn't changing and that's when I had to face reality.

I not only have a sugar addiction but I have a total food problem. I have been letting food control me instead of me being in control of the food. I eat all the time. I'm never REALLY hungry. I snack when I want to and I don't usually snack well. I overeat at meals.

I have issues when it comes to food. They may not be the kind that you can label like anorexia or bulimia... but I'm realizing that I have my own individual food disorder and it's time to face it and beat it.

Have you ever watched Over the Hedge? It's a movie we love in this house but there is one scene that always stands out to me and the truth of it really hits home. Check it out...






In case you can't watch the video because you are at work or something here is what goes on in the clip...

They always got food with them. We eat to live - these guys live to eat! Let me show you what I'm talking about! [as he speaks he shows the other animals what humans do] The human mouth is called a 'piehole', the human being is called a 'couch potato'. [signifies telephone] That is a device to summon food. [signifies doorbell] That is one of the many voices of food. [signifies front door] That is the portal for the passing of food. [signifies many delivery trucks] That is one of the many food transportation vehicles. Humans bring the food, take the food, ship the food, they drive food, they wear the food! [signifies grill] That gets the food hot! [signifies cooler] That keeps the food cold! [signifies turtle pinata] That...I'm not sure what that is. [kids break the turtle piƱata and Verne yells] Well, what do you know? FOOD! [signifies table where family prays before dinner] That is the altar where they WORSHIP food! [signifies advert for Seltzer] That's what they eat when they've eaten TOO MUCH food! [signifies treadmill] That gets rid of the guilt so they can eat MORE FOOD! FOOD! FOOD! FOOD! FOOD! FOOOOOD! So, you think they have enough? [everybody nods] Well, they don't. For humans, enough is never enough! And what do they do with the stuff they don't eat? They put it in gleaming silver cans, just for us! [opens the trash cans and knocks them over] Dig in!


Isn't that the truth?! We are ALWAYS thinking about food. At least I am. And I don't want that to be the case any longer. It's time to make some major changes.

I bought a good scale the other day. It measures weight and body fat percentage. Here are my starting points...

WEIGHT

BODY FAT

My goal/healthy weight is 130. Here are some things I've been doing to get there...

I stopped eating chips/crackers again. I'm also severely limiting my carbs for a while. (They are another weakness and I need to find some discipline and better choices.)

I bought a Fitbook. It's a journal that helps track goals and progress quarterly, weekly and daily. I wrote more about it over at Girl Talk today.

I am reading Eat This and Live for Kids by Don Colbert.




And beginning January 15th I will be participating in an online Bible study for Made to Crave. (Anyone can join! Let me know if you do!)


Knowledge and understanding give us the power we need to make the necessary changes. I'm going all out and I'm not quitting this time. It's time to get back to healthy living!




media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...