Thursday, January 19, 2012

I love winter! I hate winter.

I really do like the winter. I can handle the cold temps as long as I have lots of warm blankets. (And I have lots of warm blankets!) I like snow. It's pretty. It's fun. You won't hear me complaining about the weather.  Snow and winter just come with the territory. It snows in PA.

But I hate the winter too.

I get depressed. It's dark so often and I live in the woods which means even if the sun is shining I don't see much of it. And once I get in a funk it's really hard for me to get out of it.

I've been in a funk these past few weeks.

And I feel stuck.

I keep forcing myself to put things on the calendar and get out of the house. If I don't I'd just stay home all the time. Most days I would prefer to put on some cozy clothes, grab a warm blanket and crawl in a hole with a good fiction book.

Fiction books are a way of escape from reality for me.

Anyways, this happens to me every winter. (I'm sure I could get diagnosed with SAD- Seasonal Affective Disorder.) I don't like it but I don't know how to beat it.

So yeah... that's where I'm at right now.

Sorry to be a downer but I didn't want everyone thinking I didn't like them if I seemed distant and cranky. I'm working on it but it would help if you prayed for me too. Thanks guys!

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...