Friday, January 20, 2012

Life Without Sugar





Life without sugar isn't nearly as bad as one might think.

It's just getting to that point that is hard.

When I tell people that I don't eat sugar I often hear something along the lines of "Oh I could NEVER do that! I like it too much!" Truth is... I liked it too much too and that's why I need to go without it. I don't quit sugar because I don't like it that much. I don't quit sugar because it is easy for me. I don't quit sugar because I WANT to. I quit sugar because I HAVE to. Because I like it too much.

Did you know that the average American eats 150 pounds of sugar a YEAR?? YUCK!!

That means there are a ton of people eating way more than that because right now I'm not eating it.

Well... let's actually be truthful about this...

I am eating some.

Once in a while I have yogurt. Yogurt has sugar.
Once in a while I have ketchup. Ketchup has sugar.
I still use salad dressing. Salad dressing has sugar. (Although I plan to try making my own this week!)

(Read your labels... it's in everything!)

But mostly I am eating meats, fish, fruits and veggies.

YUM!

You guys! Once you get all the other crap out of the way you realize how good real food tastes!!

And I've noticed some changes as well...

1. The number on the scale continues to go down.
2. My stomach isn't constantly bloated anymore.
3. I'm *ahem* much more regular. (Hi!)
4. It's easier to eat less. And I stay full longer.
5. Even though I haven't lost a ton yet I FEEL skinny... my mind feels skinny. The other day I was walking into a store behind someone who was really thin (thinner than I will ever be) and in my mind I felt like she looked. I know that might sound weird but my body is changing from the inside out. I feel healthier. Way healthier!

And the most important thing... the cravings are going away! When I'm not having sugar I find myself not needing sugar and THAT is sooooo nice! Sure, I'll have days when it is hard but for the most part I feel like I am over the hardest part.

As the year goes on I plan to cut more and more things that have sugar listed in the ingredients. I want to find substitutes and better options.


I can do this! I can make it a year! And after that I'll just keep going. This is my life now. I'll never be one of those people that can indulge every now and then. It's just not going to happen. And I think I'm going to be ok with that because I LOVE how I feel when I'm not eating the stuff!!


Be  healthy people!! It feels good!










media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...