Sunday, January 1, 2012

My 2012 To-Do List

I've never been one to make New Year's Resolutions. I never wait until January 1 to start something. I simply start when I think of it and realize I need to make a change. I also don't like the idea of resolutions because it seems to kind of be a joke... think up some things you are going to do this year and then do them for three weeks (if that!) and then forget about them.

I also don't like goals. I've never been a goal setter. I don't need them to be motivated and move forward. To me, a goal is something to work toward but you may or may not actually get there.

So... instead of resolutions and goals I've come up with a to-do list for 2012. You may argue that it's the same thing but in my mind it's not so humor me here. :) I work well with to-do lists because they are things that NEED to be accomplished and I continue working on the list until everything is crossed off.


Here is my 2012 to-do list:

*Read Prayer by Philip Yancey
*Read Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas
*Read Extraordinary by John Bevere
*Lead a summer Bible study
*Read eight "just for fun" books
*Read Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson
*Take a trip (going to FL in Feb!)
*Save for a trip to Houston and Baton Rouge in 2013
*Save for a camera upgrade
*Add five new hats to my shop
*Add two non-hat items to my shop
*Clean the basement
*Fit comfortably into size eight jeans again
*Create a new exercise plan after finishing the Shred
*Teach my kids about money (give/save/spend)
*Say yes to God always
*Eat no sugar
*Learn to eat smaller portions
*Limit carbs
*Get caught up with putting photos in albums


Photo Shoot To-Do List:

*Engagement or couple
*Newborn
*Six month old
*One year old
*Wedding or Party
*Family
*Senior

I'm sure there are things I plan to do that I am forgetting about. When I remember them I will add them to the list. I think I'll make a tab at the top of my blog to keep my list and cross things off as I go. We'll see. I need to put it somewhere. :)

Also... my scripture for this year (which I've never really had a scripture for a year before but I feel like I do this year) is:

Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

On my Christmas cards this year I wrote "May the peace that passes all understanding fill your hearts and guide your lives in 2012." I want God's peace in all situations. I can have that by not being anxious and instead going to God in prayer and trusting Him with all things.

And my word for the year will continue to be YES! Part way through last year I decided that I wanted to live in complete obedience to God. If He says to do something I say YES! If He says to live a certain way I say YES! Immediate obedience. Always. I feel like I've only scratched the surface of things God wants me to learn by saying yes no matter what so I'm just going to stick with that and keep learning the lessons.

What are you going "to-do" in 2012?



media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...