Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Smoothies

There aren't a lot of breakfast options for me right now. I'm not eating sugar so anything that needs syrup is out. I could eat some of those things without the syrup but I'm also avoiding simple carbs soooo. Most cereals are out. Fruit is good but on it's own it won't keep me full. I don't eat pork so breakfast meats are out. (I could do turkey sausage or bacon but I don't enjoy cooking, especially first thing in the morning.) I can handle eggs about once a week. (I had an experience with eggs while pregnant with Liza and have had a hard time eating them since.)

Oh... and I can't stand oatmeal. It's a texture thing.

I know breakfast is a really important meal so I can't skip it. Plus... if I skipped it I would just end up eating all the wrong things two or three hours into my day.

I needed some options.

And that is how I found some really yummy smoothies! I make one almost every morning and they are good and keep me filled up till lunchtime.

Here are the ones I have tried so far...



(This one is nice and thick. Will be a great treat in the summer!)



(My kids drink this... loaded with spinach but you can not taste it. You will taste peanut butter and banana.)




(This one was ok. Not nearly as good as I had hoped it would be.)




(I made some changes to this one... I used frozen bananas and left out the ice cream, ice cubes and honey. It was yum!)




(Simple and thick! I had to add some milk to get it to blend but it was good! Might need one of these later tonight. :))


To get to the recipes just click the pic. If you are unfamiliar with pinterest all you need to do is click the pic that you see come up in the new page and it will take you to the recipe.

Do you have a good, healthy smoothie recipe?









media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...