Monday, January 30, 2012

Tired of Being Tired

I am tired all. the. time.

I exercise. I eat well. I sleep 8-9 hours a night.

Yet I am still tired. I always feel like I am just dragging.

I got so tired of it that I decided to do something that I never ever do. I went to the doctor. Seriously... I don't go. In fact it has been so long since I have been to our doctor that I didn't know they moved. It was really fun showing up at the old place to realize they were no longer there and that I didn't have a cell phone. Thankfully there were other offices and I figured out the new address and still made it to my appointment on time.

I just want to know WHY I am tired all the time. I can't really start trying to fix it until I know the cause. I'm searching for the cause. I need to know.

I met with the doctor and he asked all kinds of questions. He told me that there isn't really any good evidence that shows that having enough of certain vitamins adds to energy so he didn't test for those. (Still not sure about that.) He did have me go for blood work to test my thyroid (he doesn't think that is it though), as well as vitamin B12 (because that is the only one that shows evidence of helping energy) and anemia.

I should know about those things tomorrow. If those are all normal and not the problem then we'll see if maybe it's either low-grade depression (which would make some sense) or sleep apnea.

I still hate going to the doctor. I have a horribly sensitive gag reflex and I thought I was going to gag while he was pressing on my neck to check my thyroid. That would have been embarrassing! And I hate needles and didn't really enjoy going to have blood drawn by myself. But at least it was quick... from the time I walked into the doc office to the time I walked out of the lab (which was conveniently located across the hall) it was a total of 45 minutes. Impressive!

I'll be waiting to hear about the results tomorrow. I'm really hoping that it is something easy. I just want to have a day where I don't feel tired.

But even if the news isn't great tomorrow at least I get to look forward to going to Florida on Wednesday!

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...