Monday, January 30, 2012

Workout DVD Review: Banish Fat Boost Metabolism

I recently got six new workout DVDs and the plan is to use them all and once I get a good feel for one I'll write a review and let you know what I think.

Today I did Banish Fat Boost Metabolism with Jillian Michaels.



This is a good cardio workout.

It runs in circuits. You will do five exercises and then repeat them before moving on to the next circuit. From warm up through the cool down the video lasts about 50 minutes.

And you guys! This workout is no joke. You will work and you will sweat and there are times that you might scream for a break... like during the jumping squats or plank twists. You will be glad when the workout is over.

There are some times where I think "This isn't quite enough" but it's the kind of workout where you tailor it to your own needs. If you want to work harder you just jump higher, move your arms faster and bigger or speed it up.

I love that this video is all aerobic. You need no equipment. (Unless you have a hard floor. In that case you will want a mat.) It's just you and the video. Working hard. It will be a great DVD to throw in my suitcase and take to Florida with me later this week.

The shocker for me was that I didn't hate Jillian when this was over. In the Shred she makes me want to punch her. She seems a little kinder in this one... while still pushing you.

The only thing I didn't like about this video was the music. It feels really busy, noisy and chaotic and that kind of drives me crazy and annoys me. But that aside... I'll be using this video plenty! Gives me a great mix in my workouts.

And for the days where you don't have time to do it all, or you need to give a certain muscle group a break you can just pick which of the seven circuits you would like to do.

I definitely recommend this video! 

Have you ever done this video? What did you think?

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...