Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Confirmation

Monday night I sat down and wrote about how we are ready to buy a house. Yesterday I shared how the comments that came to that only helped to solidify my convictions. But what happened after that gave me more and more confirmation.

I had been talking to Mike about the decision to move wherever God asks us to move and was emailing with a friend about how location was a non-issue. I sent the email and popped over to facebook and this was the latest update from a friend at the top of my page...

"Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Yeah! God is so cool like that. Of all the things that could have been the first thing I saw after replying to a friend about how I'm just going to do what God wants and not care about location and how I was certain that God had a neighborhood just for us... what I see is God's words DO NOT BE AFRAID OR DISCOURAGED. I'M WITH YOU WHEREVER YOU GO!

I laughed. It was a giddy little laugh. God was reassuring me once more that I would be ok. He gave me that even though I didn't need it. He loves me.

Then... the very next morning I showed up at Bible study and guess what it was about? Not living in fear. 

2 Timothy 1:7 God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Lysa TerKeurst says that "God's goal isn't to make us self-confident. It's to make us God-confident."

I'm confident in my God and His calling. His grace and His love. His plans for me and my family. I'm not able on my own. But with God... I can do anything He calls me to do.

I Will Follow by Chris Tomlin is easily one of my most favorite songs ever.

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...