Sunday, February 26, 2012

Earaches

Oh. My. Gosh!!

No wonder babies scream their heads off when they have earaches! I about did the same last night!

Early Saturday morning (like REAL early) I woke up with an awful earache. I can't ever remember having an earache before. I'm sure I have but I was not prepared for what I was feeling! I was up for an hour searching the internet for something, ANYTHING! to do to lessen the pain. Mike was so sweet and stayed up with me for the whole hour doing anything I asked him to do to help. I know he likes his sleep so I really appreciated having him up with me in the middle of the night.

Eventually, after some vinegar in the ear and heat, I was able to fall back asleep.

I woke up Saturday feeling like my ear was plugged. A few hours later that plugged feeling crept into my other ear as well. I felt like my head was two feet wide and I was inside my head all day. It was weird. But it didn't hurt. Just annoyed me worse than my kids do when they fight non-stop all day long.

Right before bed I couldn't take it anymore. It was driving me crazy and starting to hurt again. Mike ran to the store to get some ear drops. They sucked. I went back to using the vinegar. I also used olive oil and garlic throughout the day. And oils that my mother-in-law brought for me. But when my ear decided it was going to hurt then it was going to hurt no matter what I did.

People were telling me I should just go to the doctor and get antibiotics but here's the thing about that...
1. Antibiotics kill all bacteria and it is likely you will just get sick again because you don't have the good bacteria built up to fight off the bad bacteria.
2. It also causes candida yeast overgrowth in your intestines and adds to the lovely bloat and makes it hard to lose weight.
3. Antibiotics would only help if I had an ear INFECTION but after some research I was pretty sure I just had an earACHE that was a result of having a cold.

In the middle of the night I woke up with extreme pain in my ear again. (Not the same ear as the night before though.) I'm pretty sure that Satan himself entered my ear. I was crying. I can't remember the last time I felt that much pain. If I had to choose earache or birthing a baby I'd probably pick the baby thing. Ears just should not hurt like mine did!!

After an hour of crying like a baby and trying everything in the world to make the pain stop it finally started to lessen. I went back to sleep. (By the way... Mike was up with me again. Losing his sleep even though he had to get up for work in the morning. Just wanted to tell you all I think he's pretty awesome.)

I woke up this morning completely exhausted. Mike was working so I got the kids sitting on the couch with some cereal and cartoons and I fell asleep on the couch for two hours. I'm still completely wiped out after two nights of not much sleep but my ears are actually feeling a lot better today. They don't feel plugged up and I've only had moments of very slight pain that went away almost immediately. I'm hoping this is the end. I'm hoping that I've managed to beat this without a visit to the doctor.

Fingers crossed! Because earaches are the worst!

What is your favorite home remedy for an earache?


media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...