Friday, February 3, 2012

Fitness Friday: A Few Observations






I've been at this for a while now... if you consider a little over two months to be "a while". And I've made a few observations along the way. I'm going to share them with you.

1. Eating right takes more thinking than not caring about how you are eating. I no longer just grab a bag of chips or the box of crackers when I need a snack. Instead I have to THINK about it because those convenience things aren't in the house. I have to plan my meals to fit the way I am now eating. I have to hunt for recipes or figure out how to change the ones I currently have to make them better for me. BUT... I'm finding that by eating right I am staying full longer and don't need those snacks all the time.

2. Vacation is not an excuse. Just because I am in Florida this week doesn't mean that I can just toss out the new ways and go back to the old for a week. My body doesn't get the memo that it isn't supposed to count all those extra calories. And it IS possible to eat well on vacation. I ate well before I left and grabbed a salad at the airport. Sure that Sabaro's Pizza looked AMAZING and it wouldn't have been the worst decision I could have made but I decided to make the BETTER choice. I'm glad I did! And my first stop after my sisters picked me up from the airport was the grocery store so I could stock up on the foods I would need for the week. I'll stick with my plan through vacation.

3. Eating out doesn't go so well. I'm not splurging on sweets and the only reason I have drastically changed my diet is because I need to... not because of any medical condition or anything like that. So I had decided that my "splurges" would be eating out once in a while. (Because it is never very often.) Anyways... both times that I have done that I have had some "issues"... as in being constipated for two days. No thanks! Geez. I guess I'm going to have to be a bit more picky about my choices while eating out. (Except last night... first time at the Melting Pot and probably the last time because there isn't one near me.)

4. The hardest part of a good leg workout is using public bathrooms later in the day.

And that, my friends, is what I have been learning on this journey. What are you learning?


media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...