Thursday, February 16, 2012

I Love Pizza and I Love Mushrooms (recipe)

I've been trying to make better, healthier choices when it comes to meals. Some things are tough... Like pizza. I LOVE pizza! The problem is that I eat too much of it. I'm sure you all know that pizza is a meal all by itself and you need nothing else to go with it. You just keep eating another piece of pizza until you are full. And then you probably have one more slice just because it's so good and you can't stop yourself.

Oh. You don't have that problem?

Well I'm working on not having that problem any longer.

One time I tried this Cauliflower Crust Pizza...




It was good and I might make it again sometime... but it wasn't pizza. And it was also a little bit of work.

And here's the thing... I will always have a piece of pizza if it is being served but I no longer want that to be the only thing. So I was still hoping for options.

I was at my sister's during the superbowl this year and she had a friend over and her friend made mushroom pizzas... as in mushrooms with sauce and cheese and oh my YUM! I looove mushrooms and this just seemed to be the perfect thing for me.

So last night pizza was on the menu. Mike made a pizza... he makes the dough half white flour/half whole wheat flour so it's already slightly better for us. I did have a piece of that but I filled up on my mushroom pizza!

IMG_19781

(A food photographer I am not.)



These are REALLY SIMPLE to make.

PORTABELLA PIZZAS

Ingredients:
-portabella mushrooms
-pizza sauce
-mozzarella cheese

Clean out the stems of mushrooms.
Place them in a dish and bake at 450 degrees for 7-10 minutes.
They will fill up with mushroom juice... dump that out.
Fill up the mushroom with pizza sauce.
Top with cheese.
Put back in the oven until the cheese is melted.

ENJOY!


media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...