Monday, March 5, 2012

Emotional Eater

I'm an emotional eater.

And right now I want to do some of that emotional eating.

I have a lot going on. Struggles. Hurts. Hard situations. (Many seem to believe my life is easy. It's not. Not at all.) It used to be that when I felt overwhelmed I would just get myself a bag of peanut m&ms and eat the whole thing while watching one of my favorite movies... Like Pride and Prejudice or The Notebook. Numb the pain.

But I'm not eating sugar. And emotional eating isn't as fun when I can't have my favorite emotional foods. I mean... being all frustrated and deciding to eat an APPLE! C'mon now! That's not what emotional eating is all about.

I'm having a hard time. Part of me just wants to give in. Call it quits. Go get that bag of peanut m&ms... and a pack of those yummy, delicious little chocolate covered cake donuts. I want to stuff my face. Stuff my life. Thinking about food is easy. Thinking about life... not so fun right now.

And it doesn't make it easier that not only do I have to face life since I don't have that emotional food... I have to fight this battle of emotional eating as well. Just another thing to work on. Really! I don't need this right now. Can't I just eliminate this one situation and eat WHILE thinking about my life? Can't I do both? It would be a nice compromise wouldn't it?

Compromise.

I guess I don't really want to go there.

But I'm tired of fighting. I'm tired of trying to keep my head up, my thoughts straight. I just want a break.

Rest.

And there is only one place to find rest and it isn't the candy isle at the grocery store.


Matthew 11:28-30
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...