Sunday, March 18, 2012

God Alone

Sooo... my overflow isn't very hearty lately.

There is a lot going on in my life and I'm sorting through it all. But I'm definitely stressed and depressed. I have a lot of hard, sad days. I'm not sleeping well which leaves me tired all the time. It's been tough.

And since I'm being honest I might as well tell you that I've been mad at God too. Angry. But I'm working that out. Deep down I KNOW that God isn't my problem and is in fact my answer. But I'm still mad. And I think that's ok. It's better than turning away from him all together. And I know I won't stay mad forever. I just need to sort through my feelings and dig down to the truth that I know. I'll get there.

This morning in church we sang a song that was good for my heart.

 You Are God Alone by Phillips, Craig and Dean.

The chorus says:
You are God alone
From before time began
You were on your throne
You are God alone

And right now
In the good times and bad
You are on your throne
You are God alone

It was a good reminder to me to believe what I have been learning to believe over the past year... No matter what God is still God and no matter what God is still good.

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...