Thursday, March 29, 2012

Liza's in Love

Liza has a best friend.
His name is Ashton.
She talks about him all the time.

They get to hang out at church a lot and their Sunday school teacher let me and Heidi (Ashton's mom) know that they were being cute... holding hands, dancing during worship, and being exclusive--during an activity where they were told to have three in the group they decided that that wasn't ok and it was just going to be the two of them.

On Tuesday morning I posted this... notice that Heidi's response came about ten minutes after I posted...



Well this morning we had Ashton and his sister over for a play date. There was lots of fun happening but Liza and Ashton also had a little fight. We thought that maybe it would be the end of their love for each other but then Liza came out wondering how to spell a few things because she was writing something in her notebook. She told us it was her news notebook. And this was her news...


Yep. She's got it bad. Or at least as bad as a five-year-old girl can have it. :) She's been writing in her "Ashton News Notebook" for about 50 minutes now. (It's her rest time in her room.) I can't wait to see what else she has come up with during that time! Here is what she had before she went to her room...





 (This was where she wrote all of her favorite people... her brother and Ashton. I guess the rest of us don't make it.)


When I asked Liza about the one above she told me that she was writing their ages. She is all the way up to 5 but will be 6 in a few years. (It's what she said!) And Ashton is 5 too. I asked about the letters in the heart and she said "It's for me and Ashton." I asked her why they are in hearts and she looked at me like "duh" and said very matter of factly "Because we are in love."

Oh my. Oh my.

Mike hates this haha. It's kind of funny. Liza is adorable when she talks about Ashton.

Kid crushes are pretty cute. Did you have a crush when you were a kid? I'd love to hear about it!


media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...