Friday, March 30, 2012

Only 10%?

So word is that we only use 10% of our brains.

Imagine how amazing we would all be if we could actually use all of it?!?!

And imagine how much glory we could bring God if we used 100% of our Christianity.

The other night I was thinking that we must also only use about 10% of our Christianity and faith. The Bible says in John 14:12 "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father."

Umm... that's Jesus speaking and he said that anyone that had faith in Him would do even greater things. So I have to ask myself "what am I missing?" Because I'm not even doing the things Jesus did do so how will I ever do greater things??

Am I really running on full faith? Or just 10%?

Am I really believing everything I read about Jesus? Or only the things I can wrap my mind around?

Or maybe I believe it all but don't think that the promises are for me.

Or I don't believe that God would ever use me that way and if I prayed for a miracle that I would end up looking like a fool. That's not faith at all.

Just some of my random thoughts I've been having lately.

Do we keep just enough Christianity in our lives to escape hell? Or do we truly let it transform us into people who are like Christ doing even greater things like the Bible says?

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...