Friday, March 2, 2012

Sugar: Can You Really Get Addicted?

Dr. Don Colbert says “Many people find it nearly impossible to stop eating sugar. In fact, eating lots of sugar may deplete the zinc in your body, which can dull your sense of taste. When your taste perception is altered, you need more sugar to give you the same taste satisfaction. It becomes a vicious cycle.”

Nancy Appleton says, “Ironically the initial damage done by excess sugar makes it that much harder to give up. Refined sugar is made up of two simple sugars, glucose and fructose. When a person eats sugar continually, the body becomes inefficient at manufacturing glucose from complex carbohydrates, protein, and fats. The mechanisms in the body which perform this task shut down from disuse, causing the blood glucose level to drop. The cravings, perspiration, shakes, and depression that follow send the sugarholic running for the nearest candy bar or cookie jar, and the vicious cycle continues. These sweets may bring the blood sugar back to normal for the moment, but the body chemistry is being upset. When the individual gets to a point where body chemistry cannot rebalance, health breakdowns result.”




Yes you can get addicted to sugar. Hi. My name is Laura and I’m a sugarholic. If I eat it once I crave it forever. It makes me constipated and moody. I think I sleep better when I am not eating it. And real food tastes better when I don't eat sugary foods.



Have you ever tried to quit eating sugar? What withdrawal symptoms did you experience?

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...