Thursday, April 26, 2012

So What DOES Happen When Women Say Yes to God?

Over the past year or so I've been working at going all out for God. Always saying yes. Believing He is who He says He is and that He will do what He says He will do.

This past winter I did the Bible study What Happens When Women Say Yes to God by Lysa TerKeurst. It was by far one of my favorite studies to go through. When you read the title you might think "well I say yes to God." But do you? All the time? In every area of your life? Lysa really challenged all of us to live out a radically obedient life.

So... I've been doing my best to say yes to God always. And I have to say that I am at a fun place where I can look back and see a chain reaction based on those yeses.

Let me share a story...

Back in September I was asked to crochet a baby hat for a friend. We worked it out and I sent her the hat. I also posted it on Facebook and that started about four months of non-stop orders. For the first time in six years I was making money. It was fun! I was saving every penny because I was going to use it to buy myself a new camera... something I have wanted for a looong time now but was out of reach because I knew I needed at least $2000 before I started looking. Yeah. Expensive hobby. But I was on my way!

Somewhere along the way though Mike had a dream. Not the kind you have at night... but the kind of dream that God puts on your heart. He wanted to write a children's book and felt like God was saying "It's time." He looked into it. He contacted some people. He got a price.

That price gave me A LOT of anxiety. Mike had just been laid off for the winter (happens every year with his job). That means we had a lot less money coming in and we were going to need $3000 to self-publish a book. I wanted to scream NO! We can't do it! But I kept my mouth shut and went to bed praying that I would have peace.

Because saying yes isn't only about saying yes to the things God puts on my heart. It's also about saying yes to the things God puts on my husband's heart.

I woke up in the morning with peace. And I gave Mike all the money that I had saved toward my camera. (A very hard thing to do.) He began working on his book.

To be continued...

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...