Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Why Should I Get Wisdom -- part 2


Wisdom brings so many blessings with it. The following is a list of some of those blessing. I encourage you to actually look up the verses as I have not quoted them all but just pulled out the benefits of wisdom.


Proverbs 1: 22-23 Listen and wisdom will pour out her thoughts and make known to you her teachings. (I know I would like to know wisdom's thoughts!)

Proverbs 1:33 If you listen to wisdom you will live in safety and be at ease without fear of harm. (I don't mind living in safety without fear!)

Proverbs 2:12 Wisdom saves you from the ways of wicked men. (Yes please!)

Proverbs 2:16 Wisdom will save you from the adulterous woman and her seductive words. (Or the adulterous man.)

Proverbs 2:20 You will walk in the ways of the good and keep to the paths of the righteous.

Proverbs 3:1-2 The teachings of wisdom will prolong your life many years and bring you peace and prosperity. (I want to live long! I really do! And with it peace and prosperity... for every area of my life.)

Proverbs 3:21-24 Do not let wisdom out of your site for wisdom brings life, grace, safety, and sweet sleep. (Ahhh... sweet sleep! Because you don't have to fear harm.)

Proverbs 3:35 The wise inherit honor.

Proverbs 4:6 Wisdom protects you and watches over you.


Proverbs 8:12-23  Wisdom is speaking…
"I, wisdom, dwell together with prudence; I possess knowledge and discretion. To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech. Counsel and sound judgment are mine; I have understanding and power. By me kings reign and rulers make laws that are just; by me princes govern, and all nobles who rule on earth. I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me. With me are riches and honor, enduring wealth and prosperity. My fruit is better than fine gold; what I yield surpasses choice silver. I walk in the way of righteousness, along the paths of justice, bestowing wealth on those who love me and making their treasuries full. The LORD brought me forth as the first of his works, before his deeds of old; I was appointed from eternity, from the beginning, before the world began.

What I love most about the above verse is that last line... Wisdom has been around since the beginning. It has seen all and knows all. We often look to people older than us, those that have lived a lot of life... we want their wisdom. But wisdom has been around since before the world began. Who better to seek than wisdom!? (Not that we should stop seeking out the wisdom of those that are older!)

Proverbs 8:35 says, "For whoever finds me finds life and receives favor from the LORD."

Proverbs 9:11-12 Through wisdom your days will be many, years will be added to your life. Your wisdom will reward you.


So wisdom brings safety, sweet sleep, grace, long life and much more!

Get wisdom!


media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...