Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Why Should I Get Wisdom?

So... I started posting my wisdom series a few days ago and then life happened. I'm going to try to get the rest of it posted this week. If you are just jumping in now you can catch up with the following links:


Today I want to answer the question "Why should I get wisdom?"

Wisdom brings with it many, many blessings. But even more than that we are told to get wisdom because it is precious and without it we are fools.

Proverbs 4:5
“Get wisdom, get understanding, do not forget my words or turn away from them.”

Get wisdom!!

Proverbs 3:13-18
Blessed is the man who finds wisdom, the man who gains understanding, for she is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold. She is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with her. Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor. Her ways are pleasant ways, and all her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to those who embrace her; those who lay hold of her will be blessed. 

When I read "more precious than rubies" a while ago I thought to myself what does that mean!? So I started doing some google searches and this is what I found out about rubies...

A clear, transparent and faultless ruby of a uniform deep red color is at the present time the most valuable, precious stone known. The value of the finest ruby far exceeds that of a diamond of corresponding size and quality. A 1-carat ruby is worth twice as much as a 1-carat diamond.

I had no idea! If you aren't yet married you might want to consider asking for a ruby instead of a diamond! :) Who knew!?!

So we have rubies that are much more precious than our precious diamonds. But wisdom is even more precious than the ruby.

Get wisdom!

We also want to get wisdom so that we are not fools. A fool despises wisdom.
 
Proverbs 1:7 
“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.”


We are told to get wisdom, fools despise it and it is more precious than rubies.

In my next post I'll share more verses and reason that we should get wisdom!

 

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...