Friday, September 28, 2012

Bittersweet



If you've been around this space of net for more than a day you know that I bought a house a month ago. And this is how I truly truly feel about it...

DSC_0040-002 copy

DSC_0041-002 copy

Bittersweet.
Both pleasant and painful.

Oh man. I haven't had any debt for about five years. This. Is. Hard. We actually sent in our first mortgage payment yesterday. Hooray for it being a little less than 54,800 now haha. 15 years of payments? I think not. I'm already trying to figure out how quickly I can erase that debt.

Just yesterday I was all "Oh... we can just leave our mattress on the floor. Instead of buying that $250 thing to get it off the floor we could put that $250 on our debt."

I get a bit ridiculous sometimes.

And I know that me just straight up saying I have $54,800 in debt might make some of you uncomfortable but oh well. I talk about life and this is part of it.

DSC_0014-002 copy

Proverbs 22:7
The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is the slave of the lender.

I love my house! But I hate being a borrower.


(Pictures from the lovely Kim at A Fresh Perspective. Edited by me because she didn't have time. :))
 

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...