Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Unpacking

Hi Friends!

I miss all of you! Life without internet at home is weird! I've been reading all of your comments when I get a chance and I'm sorry I haven't responded to you! I'll get back to doing that once I have internet again. :)

Here is what's going on at the house...

I really want to get the downstairs sorted so we have a place to relax without looking at mess all the time. The living room is actually quite a relaxing place even though we have a few things to do in there...

101_9781

We need to get a closet door and get rid of the box spring that won't fit up the stairs.

101_9782

I also need to paint the fireplace but that can wait until the house is unpacked.

This is looking into the dining room from the living room...

101_9783

I got more of those boxes sorted this morning! I can't wait to be done with boxes! 

 101_9786

I might be crazy but I'm thinking I need a smallish tree thing in the left corner of the dining room. And big things on the huge walls. The plant thing is odd for me because I kill plants really well. Not sure I've ever been able to keep one alive. We'll see! I also need flowers or something for the table. It's begging for something!

Some of those boxes in the dining room are kitchen stuff though and the kitchen is currently a disaster. We ran into a small problem. The cupboards stink. Previous owner was a smoker and I just can't seem to get it to leave the metal cupboards. I've washed with lysol. I've washed with bleach. I've sprayed with white vinegar. Right now I have several boxes of baking soda throughout the cupboards. I've left them open to air out. Nothing! Nothing is working! And I can't put all my dishes in until I get the stink out. Slightly frustrating.

101_9787
(No dishwasher. Back to washing by hand. Strange.)

101_9788

101_9789wi

I would REALLY like to be able to put my kitchen away and start using it. If you have any ideas of how to get the smell to go please let me know!

That's all I'm showing you today. The bedrooms are still a disaster. I've spend my time on the downstairs. The upstairs will come soon.

Any decorating ideas for my dining room? There is just sooo much wall space!


media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...